Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ivy's Cardiologist Update

Well, we had her cardiologist follow-up apt. yesterday. I was very hopeful going in as the ped. doctors said they couldn't hear the murmur anymore. (but we did see a different doctor last time, from now on we are only going to see Dr. Kita) Anyway, we go and the Cardiologist...Dr. Menon listens to her and his words were....."I don't think I hear it." and then "No, it's not there" So, me....I'm about to burst I'm so happy but we have to get an EKG and another Echo done again to see for sure. Ivy did so great!!! She was just laying there talking to me and she was helping the tech use the sonogram thing. she was so cute!!! I was so proud of her, she never once cried or anything even when they pulled the sticky stuff off....AND bonus....they were looking for a pacifier to give to her because they thought she would need it for the EKG to stay still....NOPE...no paci here...just needs her mama's touch! The lady was impressed (and quite honestly~ I am too she is such a great girl!!! She is really a good baby!!!) Anyway, so the doctor came back in and told us that everything still is there. I don't quite understand how it can all be the same and them 'not hearing it' but I'm not a doctor....but he said he doesn't want us to come back till May (8months from now) and then if it's still not closed we are looking at having surgery around her 1st birthday. Dr said it's not major open heart like it used to be, some how they would go thru leg somehow. But it still freaks me out. I have decided tho, that I do want to get a second opinion. While I am sure it's there and bla bla bla.....she's my baby and if we can avoid sugery then that would be great. It's been alot to take in as I've never had to deal with this sort of thing before and she is my baby. And no matter what anyone says it sucks and I don't have to like it at all. I know that it's not as big of a deal as it could be...but to me it is huge and I feel like I did this somehow and I should have done something different I dunno. BUT I all I can do now is pray that there's a chance that it could still close on its own. So, that's what I will do!!!

3 comments:

  1. ((HUGS)) of course it's a big deal to you! She's your baby! Prayers that it heals all on it's own and you will be able to stop worrying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that it is still there. I know that you would rather not have her have surgery so I'm hoping for better results at the next appointment in May. Addison still has to see the cardiologist every 2 months but we are hoping she out grows her condition also.

    That is great that Ivy is such a good big girl. Addison didn't like getting her stickers taken off after the EKG last time and she sure let them know how unhappy she was. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Deanna-- I'm sorry, too, that it's still there. Hopefully it closes up all on its own by her next appointment and she won't need any surgery.

    Sounds like she was a real trooper though. What a good baby. <3

    ReplyDelete