Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Our lil update from the past week!

Whew what a busy weekend we had!! I am finally getting a chance to update things a lil bit. Let's see, We had Ivy's Welcome Baby party on Saturday along with the 4th of July party. It was a success. We had some great visitors and appreciate everyone coming!! Thanks to all the presents for her as well! Sunday, we went for Family pictures. I swear they are way harder to do than doing just individual kids. There's always someone that isn't cooperating completely. But with a family of now 5 it is kind of hard to get everyone co-operating when there are 3 young kids. You know if it's not the kids then it is mom and dad! HAHA but all in all I think we got some good shots and now just need to pick out some pics. Thanks again Kate!!!

Alex had his preschool evalution on Monday. He was a trooper!!! They tested for his hearing and speech. They should have done the vision too but their machine was broken, so they said they will do it in September. The lady doing the hearing was having issues with the machine so they had tried to do his hearing 4 times. I was so proud of him for letting them!! They also checked his blood pressure. He was not sure about that at all but it had a bear on it, so I told him that the bear needed to do a squeeze to check his muscles!!! He did great. His bp was 86/64. Seems odd to me, but maybe that's what it's supposed to be for kids?? They said it was fine. They wanted height and weight but they're stuff was weird so estimate is 33.4 pounds and 36 1/2 inches. He failed his articulation part for the speech. But they were also evaluating him as a 3 year old, so they are going to retest him in 6 monthes. And I'm sure he will do alot better then. I know he has some issues there but not too bad. All in all he did so great! I remember taking Eric for his eval. and he wouldn't let them do the bp or the hearing. Eric said he remembers not letting them do the hearing lol.

Lil miss Ivy Dawn is 3 weeks old today. I can barely believe it. She is getting so big. She still fits in some newborn clothes, but she is now moving into her 0-3 month clothing. I can't believe it. Before my eyes she is getting too big too fast. It truely is bittersweet. She is starting to make some lil sounds but not cooing totally yet. I was just holding her and she 'laughed' and was smiling. Makes it hard not to laugh with her. LOL. I know it wasn't a real laugh or anything yet but o it was so cute!!!!! Time is going by way, way, way too fast!!! And I wanted to add that Ivy slept for 6 hours straight last night and then lil stinker just layed awake for 1 hour and then dozed back off for another hour. She went 8 1/2 hours with out eating. I tried feeding her she just didn't want it. She was content. I couldn't believe it. Doubt that will happen again anytime soon lol.

Eric is being a very good helper! He loves to be able to feed his sister. In fact just a lil bit ago he was holding her and didn't want to put her down! He said he likes her snuggles!!!

Tim is now back to the bump and grind. So, now I think things on the home front might start getting back to normal. Looking forward to the nicer weather I keep hearing that is supposed to be coming our way. I loved having Tim home, but now we will see how things will be going!

Me....well, I'm doing great! Loving life and loving my family! Just wish I had a lil more energy to get things done. And a new back but hey...don't think that will ever happen.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad everything is going so well! I would kill for the girls to go 6 hours of sleep. Mine can't go much more than 4 hours at any point.

    ReplyDelete